#FoodieFriday is here again!
U Fit studio have joined forces with @CleanEatingbyJay to bring you exciting new recipes each and every Friday. Whether you have a savoury tooth or sweet, we are sure you will find something to enjoy!
Next Up, ………
Pav Bhaji (Indian street food)
Onion & tomato paste
1 Large white onion - finely chopped
1 tsp Coconut oil
1/2 Can chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
2 Garlic cloves - crushed
2 Cups cauliflower
1 Cup peas
1/2 Red pepper
1/2 Yellow pepper
1 Block Silken tofu
3 tsp Pav Bhaji seasoning
1. Create your onion & tomato paste. Heat 1 tsp
coconut oil in a pan and gently fry your chopped
onion until golden brown. Add the tinned tomatoes
and spices and cook for a further 5 minutes.
2. Steam your vegetables in a steamer until soft or
alternatively boil in a saucepan for 20-30 mins.
3. Add the vegetables to your onion and tomato
paste and heat slowly. Using a potato masher
carefully mash the vegetables.
4. Add your silken tofu and continue to mash to
remove large lumps.
5. If needed, add a little more tinned tomatoes &
6. Add your pav bhaji seasoning, a squeeze of fresh
lemon juice, salt/pepper and chopped fresh chillies.
7. Serve hot with freshly toasted rolls or sourdough.
Top with chopped onion and coriander.