#FoodieFriday is here again!
U Fit studio have joined forces with @CleanEatingbyJay to bring you exciting new recipes each and every Friday. Whether you have a savoury tooth or sweet, we are sure you will find something to enjoy!
Next Up, ………
Summery pasta salad with king prawn skewers
〰️Recipe - serves 2
•70g wholewheat pasta
•1/4 cucumber - diced into 2cm chunks
•1 red onion - sliced thinly
•6 plum toms - diced into quarters •1/4 sweet red pepper - diced very finely
•2 tbsp light mayo
•fresh lemon juice
•180g king prawns •1 tsp sriracha sauce
•1/2 tsp fresh ginger
•3/4 sweet red pepper - cut into large chunks
1. Soak 2 wooden skewers in cold water for a min of 20 mins.
2. Defrost your prawns and cover well with a marinade made using the sriracha and ginger
3. Cook your pasta per instructions and allow to cook, or rinse in cold water
4. Combine the pasta, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper, mayo and salt/pepper in a large bowl and refrigerate for 30 mins
5. Thread your prawns onto the skewers with the red pepper chunks and grill for 10 mins
6. Serve and enjoy!