#FoodieFriday is here again!
U Fit studio have joined forces with @CleanEatingbyJay to bring you exciting new recipes each and every Friday. Whether you have a savoury tooth or sweet, we are sure you will find something to enjoy!
Next Up, ………
Crispy chilli tofu
• 280g Tofoo Co Tofu (original)
• Drained chickpea water (aquafaba) - optional
• 1 tsp light soy sauce
• 1 onion - sliced
• 1/2 red chilli - chopped finely
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
• 1/4 tsp cumin powder
• 1/4 - 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• Create a dry spice mix in a small bowl using the 5 spice, cumin powder, chilli flakes, salt and pepper
• Drain the tofu and cut into small chunks
• Dip the tofu into the aquafaba (this helps the tofu go extra crispy!) and dip into the spice mix ensuring it is coated well. Marinade for an hour or two in the fridge, or overnight if you have the time.
•In a pan heat your sesame oil and add the red chilli and gently brown for 2-3 mins.
•Add your tofu and fry on a medium/high heat for 10 minutes, occasionally turning to ensure all sides are golden brown. Add in your soy sauce, and the onion and continue to fry for 2-3 mins.
•I then placed under a hot grill for a further 5 mins to crisp even further - this is totally optional!
• Serve with veggie fried rice, or enjoy as a snack with pitta bread 🙂