#FoodieFriday is here again!
U Fit studio have joined forces with @CleanEatingbyJay to bring you exciting new recipes each and every Friday. Whether you have a savoury tooth or sweet, we are sure you will find something to enjoy!
Next Up, ………
Kale pesto pasta with grilled salmon
•80g pasta (dry weight) - adjust to your requirements
•3 large handfuls of kale
•4 tsp nutritional yeast
•1/2 tsp crushed garlic
•fresh lemon •sea salt/ pepper
•2 salmon fillets
•1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
•1 tsp light soy sauce
•1 tsp ginger
1. Create a marinade for your salmon using the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and ginger. Spread evenly on your salmon and allow to sit for at least 30 mins in the fridge
2. Meanwhile in a small bowl add the nutritional yeast, 2 tbsp water, garlic and mix well
3. In a blender add 2 large handfuls of kale and the nutritional yeast. Blend until the kale is broken down into a finer consistency but not completely blended
4. Add your remaining 1 handful of kale to a pan and allow to cook for 3-4 mins. Add the kale mixture from your blender, lemon juice and salt/ pepper and cook for 5 mins
5. Add your cooked pasta and mix well
6. Cook your salmon - i placed mine under the grill for 10 mins which meant it went lovely and crispy. You can also pan fry if you wish.
7. Serve with the pasta and enjoy.
8. You could also make a large batch of this kale 'pesto' and store in the fridge. Alternatively you could add pine nuts to create a real pesto!
Note: Nutritional yeast is available from Holland and Barrett and Ocado. It's a dry flaked yeast product which is vegan, gluten free and many people use it as a substitute for cheese as it has a relatively strong nutty taste which I personally find delicious!