#FoodieFriday is here again!
U Fit studio have joined forces with @CleanEatingbyJay to bring you exciting new recipes each and every Friday. Whether you have a savoury tooth or sweet, we are sure you will find something to enjoy!
Next Up, ………
Creamy Squash Soup
•1kg squash (any will do!)- peeled, deseeded and cubed
•1 onion- diced
•2 sweet red peppers-diced
•1 vegetable stock cube made with 500ml water
•1/2 can light coconut milk
•1 tsp cinnamon
•1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
•1 tsp garam masala
•1 tsp turmeric
1. Steam or boil your squash until soft.
2. In a good non stick pan gently brown your onions.
3. Add the red pepper, and fry for a further 5 mins until soft.
4. Add the squash, coconut milk and stock and mix well.
5. Add the spices, cover and simmer for 15-20 mins
6. Allow to cool before pureeing in a blender until smooth
7. Serve with freshly toasted sourdough, or simply enjoy alone