It is time for another U Fit Blog from Coach Helen Gribble! We hope you enjoy it and, as always, comment below with any questions or insights!
Avocado has become the popular food over the last couple of years; you can barely get through social media without a smashed avocado gracing at least three pictures.
Some facts about our green and trendy friend:...
* It is a fruit because it has a seed.�
* It is classed as a fat in our diet.�
* They are native to Mexico.�
If you want to know more about avocado nutrition, check out the below:
* Although based on size, one avocado can deliver a whopping 365 calories.�
* It will give you a very healthy 29g of fat, 17g of carbohydrates and 4g of protein.�
* If you're looking for fibre, look no further than the 13g of fibre one avocado contains.�
* It contains vitamin A, C, D, B-12, B-6, calcium, Iron and Magnesium.�
While avocado is classed as a 'good' fat, it's great to be aware of how calorie dense they are. When being mindful of total calorie intake avocados can run away with the numbers